Read and Print the Entire Issue in PDF Format
Table of Contents
- Task Force on Retention and Graduation Rates
- Presidents Reject Nursing Agreement
- 2007 Butler and Lemieux Awards
- SAC: Rites of Spring For the M-triple-C
- Know Your Day Contract
- Research Coordinator at Board of Directors
- President's Message: Public Higher Ed. Reform,
Revitalization, Renewal: It's About Our Future
- Communications Corner: Our Declining Paychecks
- Help Your PAC Help You
- Free Life Insurance for Members
- Your Union at Work for You
- DCE News
- DCE Communicatin Begins Going Electronic
- DCE Negotiations Update
- Directors Notes
Directors Notes (from this issue)
At the March 23, 2007 Meeting of the MCCC Board of Directors the
following actions were taken.
The Board voted to recommend the proposed budget to the
Delegate Assembly $874,861, which included an amendment adding $3000 to
fund the MCCC’s portion of an NEA grant to fund an organizing
effort. The budget will increase full-time member MCCC dues by $10 per
year and part-time member dues by $3 per year.
- The Board voted to approve payment of $1000 as a co-sponsor
of the 2007 Teaching and Learning Conference.
The Board unanimously named Kenn Anania as the recipient of
the 2007 Jon Butler Memorial Award.
The Board unanimously named Rick Doud as the recipient of the
2007 Raymond C. Lemieux Award.
The Board voted to accept a tentative Agreement with the
Professional Coordinators Association, the union representing the four